Ibanez have announced a brand new JEM model to celebrate 30 years of the iconic axe.
Originally announced at the summer NAMM show of 1987, the JEM has evolved into one of the few iconic superstrat-style electric guitars. Steve Vai's signature model has become so legendary, that it is has become an icon for the Japanese brand.
Now, Ibanez is celebrating the 30th Anniversary of their relationship with Steve Vai, and the creation of the legendary JEM guitar, with the release of the new JEM777. The JEM777 is crafted with a basswood body, for a fat, well-balanced tone, and is fitted with a slim, 5pc JEM maple/walnut neck. It also includes Prestige fret edge treatment for a smooth, professional feel, traditional Disappearing Pyramid inlays, jumbo frets (scalloped from the 21st – 24th) and Vai’s signature DiMarzio Evolution pickups.
- JEM 5pc maple/walnut neck
- Basswood body
- Maple fretboard w/ Disappearing Pyramid inlay
- W/6105 frets w/ Prestige fret edge treatment
- Edge tremolo bridge
- Back Stop equipped
- DiMarzio Evolution (H) neck pickup
- DiMarzio Evolution (S) middle pickup
- DiMarzio Evolution (H) bridge pickup
- Cosmo black hardware
- Ultralite Tremolo Arm™ included
- Certificate of Authenticity (Tour Pass) included
- Special picks included
- Hardshell case included
- Finishes: Desert Sun Yellow (DY), Loch Ness Green (LG), Shocking Pink (SK)